How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of vapors that could be within your London home. Natural gas and fumes that come from home furniture, flooring and paints. None of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 226-270-1164 now to start defending your house against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?

Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a thing to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you cannot see it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in little doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can filter into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a house, the gas could become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing clean air, it requires five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. You will need another five hours to cut that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mirror Other Illnesses

The gas may also mimic illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some steps you can do to keep your residence safe:

  1. Every residence with at least one natural gas furnace, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on each level of your residence, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
    Call Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 226-270-1164 to get one. Ask our technicians about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you already have a carbon monoxide detector, regularly test or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and replace the detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system sounds, leave your home immediately and phone 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your home can be protected from the dangerous gas. Take the precautions and call Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 226-270-1164 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.